• FREE COMPUTER RECYCLING •
• Free Pick Ups! •
Our Vision Recycling is changing the recycling industry by providing FREE* pick ups! There will never be a pickup fee, an inventory fee or a line item fee. We will pick up any computers, laptops, servers or printers and recycle them for FREE!*
*Effective 10-1-19 we are now charging .25 per pound for all printers, copiers and fax machines (which we must pay to properly dispose of). Printers, copiers and fax machines will be weighed and a rate of .25 cents per pound will be billed to recycle these items.
To contact us for a pick up, click here!
We pick up the following items for FREE!
• PC Computers: Towers, Small Forms, Desktop, All-in-One’s, Macs.
• Laptops: PC or Apple, Notebooks, Tablets
• Servers: Rack Mounted, Workstation, Enterprise, Blade, Standing
• Green-Board: Motherboards, Add-Ins & Graphics Cards, RAM, Power Board
• Electrical Wire: AC Cables & Adapters, Cords, Plugs, Power Strips, All other cables
• Accessories & Devices: Keyboards, Mice, Speakers, Head-Phones, Microphones
• Batteries: All Types: Li-Ion, Ni-Cad, Lead-Acid
• UPS: Battery Backups
• Anything Metal
• Telephones: Office, Home, Cellular, VOIP/Telecommunications Systems
• Touch Devices: Tablets, Smartphones, Point of Sale Systems
• LCD Screens
• Printers, Copiers and Fax machines: Home, Office, Desktop, Inkjet, Laser, Fax Machines and Copiers. (Effective 10-1-19 we are now charging .25 per pound for all Printers, Fax Machines and Copiers)
• CRT Monitors •
Due to the requirements of our facility license with Ramsey County, we are no longer accepting CRT Monitors, TV’s or neon signs, as the contain Leaded Glass. However, if you have more than 10 of any of these items, special arrangements can and will be made for a direct pick up and drop off at another processing facility. Please contact us with questions.
• Free Disk Wiping •
Data Sanitization Standards
The D4 System
“Our Vision” of a greener future includes making sure our customers believe and trust in our resources. Here at Our Vision Recycling, we take your data protection seriously. Our number one priority is peace of mind for our clients. We understand the biggest concern for our customers, is what happens to the information on their hard drives. For this reason, OVR has developed our own personal data destruction system called the D4 System.
The D4 System is made up of 4 steps to ensure proper destruction of client information:
Step 1. Data is wiped using a D.O.D. standard 3-wipe pass
Step 2. Each HDD is degaussed using a large electromagnet degaussing machine
Step 3. Hard drives are then completely dismantled.
Step 4. Finally, the hard drives are shredded to ensure 100% data eradication.
No other electronic recycling company can provide this level of data destruction, much less do so at no cost to the client. On request, each client receives a complete inventory list of every hard drive destroyed, including the serial number for reference.
Hard Disk Drive (HDD) Data Destruction Records can be provided on request.
All hard drives are wiped fulfilling all NISP and D.O.D. 5220.22-M (3-Pass) standards for basic data sanitization. We wipe all hard drives to this standard, with no exceptions.
For especially sensitive media requiring more than these standards (i.e. Banking, Accounting, Legal, Political, Medical, etc.), hard drives can be wiped to D.O.D. 5220.28-STD standards, a 7-Pass wipe-over, followed by the final three remaining steps in the D4 system. This ensures the drive itself, as well as all data previously contained on the drive, is physically destroyed through magnetic degaussing, disassembly and physical shredding. While this does not allow us to complete “Our Vision” of reuse and recycle, it is the best way to ensure the drives cannot be read and that the destruction of high value information is guaranteed.
This documentation can be provided upon request and/or by emailing us at: OurVision@OurVisionRecycling.com